Friday, October 7, 2011

Book Club Check In

Hello fellow bookworms!  As promised, here is your weekly book club check-in.  This is the time when we all come together and share where we are in the book and perhaps a non-plot revealing thought or two.

That is, of course, unless you don't have the book yet...like me. 

Hey!  Not my fault!  (Oh good heavens, the middle schoolers are starting to rub off on me.)  The library only has one copy, and I have generously allowed my friend Amy to be first on the waiting list.  Ain't I nice? :)  Actually, it's just that I am pretty sure my mom has a copy I can borrow.  At any rate, I shall get my hands on a copy soon!

In the meantime, I will be busy with THIS:







I GOT SHARON KAY PENMAN'S NEW NOVEL IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!  AWWWW YEAH!!!!


My best friend bought this for me for my birthday...TWO MONTHS AGO.  I have been watching the mail for that Amazon box all week...and here it is, along with an Elizabeth Chadwick!!  Yay!

So...how far are you in The Weird Sisters?  And what books are you looking forward to these days?

What's up next: Lionheart by Sharon Kay Penman
Top Five TBR:
1. The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
2. To Defy a King by Elizabeth Chadwick
3. Israel: A History by Martin Gilbert
4. Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff
5. Erasing Hell by Francis Chan

1 comment:

  1. I so want to read Erasing Hell!! Maybe that should be next months book :)
    Um yes, I am still waiting on my copy too! Who knew this would be such a popular book? And who knew it would cost $40 to join the library. Not bitter ;) Good thing a friend checked it out for me on their card. Now I just have to make sure I return it on time!

    ReplyDelete